Can you use Microsoft Intune without Azure AD?
Table of Contents
- Can you use Microsoft Intune without Azure AD?
- Is Azure AD required for Intune?
- Does Intune replace ad?
- What is the difference between MDM and MAM?
- What is the difference between Azure AD joined and registered?
- Does Intune replace SCCM?
- Is Microsoft Intune free?
- What is the difference between Intune and Azure AD?
- Can Azure AD replace Active Directory?
- Is intune a MDM or MAM?
- What are Azure AD registered devices?
- Is Azure Active Directory free?
- What are the benefits of Azure Active Directory?
- What is Azure Active Directory?
Can you use Microsoft Intune without Azure AD?
Yes, if you're using the Microsoft Intune agent, you can use the Microsoft Intune Agent Settings to configure Windows Defender on Windows 10. Some settings are only for Windows 8.1, like installing the Endpoint Protection agent, but that's not required on Windows 10.
Is Azure AD required for Intune?
The Azure AD account gives users access to their organization's cloud service subscriptions. On a Windows 10 device, it is referred to as a Work or School Account. ... In practivcal terms, you really cannot have Intune with Azure AD.
Does Intune replace ad?
Along with the user management capabilities in Azure Active Directory, traditional GPO boundaries are being replaced by Intune.
What is the difference between MDM and MAM?
In simple terms, MDM is about control of devices like smartphones and tablets, whereas MAM is focused on specific corporate applications and their related data. ... The IT department can use MDM to enforce policies on smartphones and tablets. It allows them to remotely track, lock, encrypt, and wipe devices.
What is the difference between Azure AD joined and registered?
Devices that are Azure AD registered are typically personally owned or mobile devices and are signed in with a personal Microsoft account or another local account. Devices that are Azure AD joined are owned by an organization and are signed in with an Azure AD account belonging to that organization.
Does Intune replace SCCM?
Intune is SCCM's mobile device and application management counterpart. Unlike SCCM it is cloud native and is used to deliver software updates to mobile devices. It is part of Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) suite.
Is Microsoft Intune free?
Trying out Intune is free for 30 days. If you already have a work or school account, sign in with that account and add Intune to your subscription. Otherwise, you can sign up for a new account to use Intune for your organization.
What is the difference between Intune and Azure AD?
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is a universal identity management platform which incorporates user credentials and strong authentication policies to safeguard your company's data, while Microsoft Intune provides cloud-based mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM).
Can Azure AD replace Active Directory?
Unfortunately, the short answer to that question is no. Azure AD is not a replacement for Active Directory. ... Azure Active Directory is not designed to be the cloud version of Active Directory. It is not a domain controller or a directory in the cloud that will provide the exact same capabilities with AD.
Is intune a MDM or MAM?
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service that focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM). You control how your organization's devices are used, including mobile phones, tablets, and laptops. You can also configure specific policies to control applications.
What are Azure AD registered devices?
- The goal of Azure AD registered devices is to provide your users with support for the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) or mobile device scenarios. In these scenarios, a user can access your organization's Azure Active Directory controlled resources using a personal device.
Is Azure Active Directory free?
- Azure Active Directory Free. The free version of Azure AD is what you get when you sign up for any of Microsoft’s cloud services. As a free product, it gives you a sample of some of the power of the future of Active Directory.
What are the benefits of Azure Active Directory?
- One of the benefits of the Azure Active Directory Basic and Premium editions is the ability to assign or remove access to applications using groups. This can save you considerable time when you’re managing application access for a large group of users.
What is Azure Active Directory?
- Azure Active Directory B2C is a customer identify access management solution that allows users to connect with an account of their preference for single-sign-on access to applications and application programming interfaces (API).