Do you need a computer to use a Fitbit?
Table of Contents
- Do you need a computer to use a Fitbit?
- Does a Fitbit always have to be connected to a phone?
- Does Fitbit require Internet?
- How do I setup my Fitbit without a phone?
- Can Fitbit track steps without phone?
- Can you use a Fitbit without a cell phone?
- Which fitness trackers work without a phone?
- Can you use Fitbit without device?
- Does Fitbit work without cell service?
- Why is my Fitbit not connecting to my phone?
- What phones work with Fitbit?
- How do I connect my fitbit to my iPhone?
- Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
Do you need a computer to use a Fitbit?
Before you begin using your Fitbit device, you must connect it to your Fitbit account with a phone, tablet, or computer. Connecting your device allows it to transfer (or sync) data back and forth with Fitbit.
Does a Fitbit always have to be connected to a phone?
Fortunately using your Fitbit without Bluetooth is absolutely possible! It will work just as it does normally. The only reason you need Bluetooth to get the full functionality of your Fitbit is when connecting it to the mobile app in order to track your progress or record your daily activity.
Does Fitbit require Internet?
Leo says that the Fitbit will use Bluetooth to sync to the phone with the Fitbit app. ... Then she can use her cellular data to upload her Fitbit data to her account. The Fitbit doesn't need Wi-Fi to work -- it just needs Bluetooth to connect to the phone.
How do I setup my Fitbit without a phone?
Set up Fitbit on a computer
- Head to the Fitbit Setup page, then scroll down to the Don't have a mobile device? ...
- Download the application for your Mac or Windows computer.
- After the download completes, click the downloaded file to start the installation.
- Once installation is complete, choose Set up a New Fitbit Device.
Can Fitbit track steps without phone?
What is Fitbit MobileTrack? MobileTrack lets you use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit device by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned.
Can you use a Fitbit without a cell phone?
Popularity comes with a price. As one of the pioneers of fitness trackers, Fitbit is no exception. Fitbit works fine without any connection to a smartphone, tablet, or computer. ...
Which fitness trackers work without a phone?
Pedometers (Fitness Tracker That Does Not Require a Smartphone or Computer!)
- iGANK Simple Walking Pedometer (Amazon.com)
- Realalt 3DTriSport Walking 3D Pedometer (Amazon.com)
- 3DFitBud Simple Step Counter (Amazon.com)
- ACCUSPLIT Accelerometer Activity Tracker Pedometer.
- EKHO MVPA Accelerometer.
Can you use Fitbit without device?
MobileTrack lets you use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit device by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned. MobileTrack does not track floors, sleep, or active minutes.
Does Fitbit work without cell service?
Everything You Can Do on Fitbit Ionic Without Your Phone Nearby. Just step out the door and go—sans phone. The Run Detect feature on Ionic kickstarts the device's integrated GPS, so you get accurate real-time heart rate, pace, distance, elevation, and split times—as well as a post-workout summary—right on your wrist.
Why is my Fitbit not connecting to my phone?
- While checking your Bluetooth connections, you should also ensure that your phone is not managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously. If it does, then the Fitbit and your phone won’t be able to sync properly due to interruptions from the other devices.
What phones work with Fitbit?
- Fitbit Pay works with Android, iOS, and Windows phones , and is available in more than a dozen countries including the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, and a handful of European countries. You'll also need to connect your account to a compatible bank; Fitbit keeps a running list on its website.
How do I connect my fitbit to my iPhone?
- To pair your Fitbit to iPhone, follow the steps. 1. Turn on the Bluetooth at first. 2. The app will automatically search for your tracker. Wait for your iPhone to connect to your wristband. 3. Then a series of numbers will appear on your tracker’s screen, which you’ll need to type into your phone to complete the pairing.
Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
- Make sure there is no Bluetooth enable the device in the vicinity of your Fitbit Tracker trying to establish a connection. It might affect both the accuracy to connect and the strength of the Bluetooth signal. The signal would be too weak to create a secure link and sync your Fitbit data properly over the air.