Is Vline owned by Metro?
Table of Contents
- Is Vline owned by Metro?
- What zone is Ballarat Vline?
- Can you use myki on trains?
- How much is the train from Southern Cross to Geelong?
- Are there toilets on Vline trains?
- How many Vline trains are there?
- Where do Vline trains go?
- Is there WIFI on Vline trains?
- Where can myki cards be used?
- What zone is Fitzroy?
- Where can I use a V Line paper ticket?
- Do you need a reservation for the V Line?
- Where do the Vline and Metro Trains overlap?
- Where are the V Line trains in Melbourne?
Is Vline owned by Metro?
In addition, V/Line is responsible for the maintenance of much of the Victorian freight and passenger rail network outside of the areas managed by Metro Trains Melbourne and the Australian Rail Track Corporation. ... In 2016, V/Line Corporation became a subsidiary agency of Transport for Victoria.
What zone is Ballarat Vline?
8 List of regional stations with myki zones
|Station name||Zone or zones|
Can you use myki on trains?
No, not on trains, but you may be affected if you want to make use of the 2-hour fare and you catch trams and buses. Under Myki, your ticket is valid as long as you start your trip (that is, touch on at the station, or as you board the tram or bus) before the 2-hour travel time expires.
How much is the train from Southern Cross to Geelong?
V-Line operates a train from Southern Cross to Geelong every 30 minutes. Tickets cost $12 - $16 and the journey takes 1h 3m.
Are there toilets on Vline trains?
Wheelchair and mobility aid access All V/Line stations are accessible for customers with mobility aids and most of our trains can be accessed via a portable ramp that our conductors operate. ... Accessible toilets are available on all Sprinter and VLocity trains.
How many Vline trains are there?
More than 1,462 V/Line-branded coach services connect with the rail network and serve regional Victorian communities. Some of our coach services also link Victoria with South Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
Where do Vline trains go?
VLocity trains run on the Geelong, Ballarat, Ararat, Maryborough, Bendigo, Echuca, Seymour, Traralgon and Bairnsdale lines.
Is there WIFI on Vline trains?
V/Line don't provide wifi on their services. To access the internet on V/Line services, one has to have their own usb modem and wireless internet plan with a telco (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone etc.)
Where can myki cards be used?
Myki is your ticket to travel on Melbourne's trains, trams and buses, V/Line commuter train services and buses in Seymour, Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, the Latrobe Valley and Warragul.
What zone is Fitzroy?
The waters surrounding Fitzroy Island are Conservation Park (Yellow) Zone.
Where can I use a V Line paper ticket?
- V/Line paper ticket includes travel in Zones 1 + 2 for an hour either side of your V/Line journey and can be used in place of myki.
Do you need a reservation for the V Line?
- Reservations are not needed on trains to or from all other destinations including Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Seymour and Traralgon. If you need to make changes to your reservation or tickets, making changes depends on the type of ticket you have. visit a V/Line station or ticket outlet near you.
Where do the Vline and Metro Trains overlap?
- Some of the Metro city trains and VLine trains overlap at certain stations including North Melbourne, Richmond and Southern Cross Station. These are the interchange stations where if travelling from the outer suburbs can get access to the City Loop which stops in convenient locations around the city.
Where are the V Line trains in Melbourne?
- There’s more information below. You can also call 18, or speak to someone at a staffed station. For V/Line services, Melbourne is defined as Flinders Street, Southern Cross, North Melbourne and Richmond stations. Services that arrive in Melbourne before 9am on weekdays (three zones or more).