What does to tire out mean?
Table of Contents
- What does to tire out mean?
- What is another word for tire out?
- What does it mean to tire of something?
- How do you spell tire out?
- What are two meanings of the word tire?
- What does not tire mean?
- What is the synonym of Tore?
- What is the meaning of the word weaken?
- Will never tire meaning?
- What is the group verb of Shun?
- Which is the best definition of tire out?
- What does the word tired out mean in English?
- Why do some people tire out other people?
What does to tire out mean?
Definitions of tire out. verb. exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress. synonyms: fag, fag out, fatigue, jade, outwear, tire, wear, wear down, wear out, wear upon, weary. Antonyms: freshen, refresh, refreshen.
What is another word for tire out?
In this page you can discover 19 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for tire out, like: be exhausted, fag-out, fatigue, fag, become exhausted, exhaust, fail, defeat, weary, tire and wear.
What does it mean to tire of something?
bored : to become bored by (something) : to stop being interested in (something) He soon tired of doing the same work every day. She never tires of listening to music.
How do you spell tire out?
verb (used with object), tired, tir·ing. to reduce or exhaust the strength of, as by exertion; make weary; fatigue (often followed by out): The long walk tired him.
What are two meanings of the word tire?
tire, weary, fatigue, exhaust, jade mean to make or become unable or unwilling to continue. tire implies a draining of one's strength or patience.
What does not tire mean?
verb [no passive] If you tire of something, you no longer wish to do it, because you have become bored of it or unhappy with it. He felt he would never tire of international cricket. [
What is the synonym of Tore?
In this page you can discover 75 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for tore, like: lacerated, torus, charged, bucked, shot, busted, snapped, ruptured, pulled, plucked and stormed.
What is the meaning of the word weaken?
weaken, enfeeble, debilitate, undermine, sap, cripple, disable mean to lose or cause to lose strength or vigor. weaken may imply loss of physical strength, health, soundness, or stability or of quality, intensity, or effective power.
Will never tire meaning?
never tire of (something) To never stop enjoying some activity or endeavor. Often said sarcastically of someone who likes to do something to an irritating degree.
What is the group verb of Shun?
If you purposely stay away from someone, you shun that person. A sensitive baker may ask why you are shunning her cookies. Although the verb shun means to deliberately avoid anything, it has a specific meaning in certain groups and communities. In this case, it means to ostracize or expel from that group or community.
Which is the best definition of tire out?
- to make someone feel very tired All that exercise really tired me out. Definition and synonyms of tire out from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British English definition of tire out.
What does the word tired out mean in English?
- tired out. adjective [ after verb ] uk /ˌtaɪəd ˈaʊt/ us /ˌtaɪrd ˈaʊt/. › very much in need of rest or sleep: We were all really tired out after our long journey.
Why do some people tire out other people?
- Brutal, hand-to-hand combat over five hours might tire out others. We tried to keep the ball and move it fast to tire out the other team. Due to their stamina, they aim to tire out their prey, but hunt larger beasts in packs. It's as if you're running on small bouncy balls, and means you'll tire out far less easily.