What does if I say so mean?
Table of Contents
- What does if I say so mean?
- Why did you say so meaning?
- What does it mean to say I say?
- What does it mean when a man says if you say so?
- What is meaning of if I say so myself?
- Is it if I do say so myself?
- Why did you say that meaning?
- What made you say so meaning?
- How do you use I say in a sentence?
- What is the meaning of I said what I said?
- Which is the best definition of say so?
- What does it mean when someone says so did I?
- What is the meaning of If I say so myself?
- When to use'so do i'in a sentence?
What does if I say so mean?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishif I may say soif I may say so (also if I might say so) formal used to be polite when saying something that may embarrass or offend the person you are talking to That's just the point, Mr Glover, if I may say so.
Why did you say so meaning?
In AE, "Why would you say so?" means "Why do you say that?" and implies "Why do you think that?" There is no past-tense "did". Literally the sentence means "What reason might cause you to say that?"
What does it mean to say I say?
British, old-fashioned. 1 —used to express surprise, shock, etc.
What does it mean when a man says if you say so?
Another offensive phrase: “If you say so.” This phrase is sarcasm in the form of insincere agreement. ... It is a sarcastic expression intended to communicate “I don't agree with you, but I'm going to say this to shut the conversation down.”
What is meaning of if I say so myself?
Definition of if I say so myself —used when one is saying something that praises one's own work, skill, etc. I'm a pretty good golfer, if I say so myself.
Is it if I do say so myself?
The phrase if I do say so myself is an expression people use when they are giving their opinion on something that might be biased about. It shows that they believe this in spite of the fact that they know it sounds biased.
Why did you say that meaning?
"Why did you say that?" is referring to the specific moment that the person said something, and may not apply to other times in the past or future. "Why would you say that?" is more general.
What made you say so meaning?
What has led you to that conclusion or observation? Can be used sarcastically to indicate that someone's remark was very obvious. A: "I don't believe this is going to work." B: "What makes you say so?
How do you use I say in a sentence?
I-say sentence example
- What more could I say ? ...
- This time, do as I say . ...
- What can I say . ...
- And when I say police, I don't just mean Jake Weller. ...
- "What can I say to convince you?" she demanded. ...
- So I say the horses and chickens are mine and Alex says the other animals are his. ...
- Whatever did I say to make you think that?
What is the meaning of I said what I said?
It means I have one word and I will no longer change it, example you asked your mom if she could buy you a car, she said no but you insist since you badly want a car and explain everything and tried to change her decision but she said 'I said what I said' which means 'I made up my mind'
Which is the best definition of say so?
- 1 a : one's unsupported assertion or assurance b : an authoritative pronouncement left the hospital on the say-so of his doctor 2 : a right of final decision : say has the ultimate say-so on what will be taught
What does it mean when someone says so did I?
- It means a situation was set up allowing you to do something, and you took advantage of the situation and performed the act made available to you. “So did I” would be used fairly colloquially to state that you did the same as somebody else:
What is the meaning of If I say so myself?
- Definition of if I say so myself. —used when one is saying something that praises one's own work, skill, etc.
When to use'so do i'in a sentence?
- It is used to agree with statements other people make. Insert the correct auxiliary verb in order to conjugate the tense correctly based on the tense of the statement with which you are agreeing. Use "so ... I" in a positive sense to show that we feel the same way as another person, or have performed the same action.