Is it correct to say mines?
Table of Contents
- Is it correct to say mines?
- Where can you use mines?
- Can you use mine's in a sentence?
- What is plural for mine?
- Why do people say mines?
- What does mines mean slang?
- Can I say my mine?
- Where is mine used in a sentence?
- What are in mines?
- Does mines have an apostrophe?
- How do you use mine in a sentence?
- Can You give Me a sentence with the word mine?
- What is a sentence for the word 'mine'?
Is it correct to say mines?
Mines is a dictionary-recognized word, but only as a plural noun (They sentenced the criminal to hard labor in the mines.) At the school where I used to teach, however, it was common for students to use this as the first person possessive pronoun: Me: Whose pen is this? ... The word is simply mine.
Where can you use mines?
When to Use Mine Mine is a pronoun, too, but it is a possessive pronoun. Possessive pronouns indicate property or ownership. Since mine is a first person singular possessive pronoun, it is used when a speaker is referring to something that belongs to himself.
Can you use mine's in a sentence?
Mine's, as in the sentences, "Cats are so cute. Mine's name is Ginger." Essentially, it's a possessive of a possessive, which I find fascinating.
What is plural for mine?
Plural. mines. The plural form of mine; more than one (kind of) mine.
Why do people say mines?
Oxford says “mines” is chiefly Scottish, and several other linguistic sources we checked say it's a feature of Scots dialect. ... Apparently the Scots are still using “mines.” Here's an example from Jeff Torrington's Swing Hammer Swing!
What does mines mean slang?
Summary of Key Points
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
|Guessability:||2: Quite easy to guess|
|Typical Users:||Adults and Teenagers|
Can I say my mine?
As you rightly note, my is a possessive adjective and mine is a possessive pronoun. So, this means you use my where you already have a noun (such as question) and want to indicate ownership. Like with all pronouns, you use mine in place of another noun when it's understood what's being discussed.
Where is mine used in a sentence?
Mine sentence example
- Mine will be taught to mind. ...
- It was a gold mine , wasn't it? ...
- So I say the horses and chickens are mine and Alex says the other animals are his. ...
- You may bring mine with you. ...
- Then I will take his soft chubby hand in mine , and go out in the bright sunshine with him.
What are in mines?
Ores recovered by mining include metals, coal, oil shale, gemstones, limestone, chalk, dimension stone, rock salt, potash, gravel, and clay. Mining is required to obtain any material that cannot be grown through agricultural processes, or feasibly created artificially in a laboratory or factory.
Does mines have an apostrophe?
regularization of the possessive pronoun mines, by analogy with yours, his, hers, etc. Mines is here. It's mines. Note that the authors spell mines without an apostrophe.
How do you use mine in a sentence?
- Use "mine" in a sentence His income is three times larger than mine. His house seems small beside mine. The result of his experiment corresponded with mine. I got a letter from a friend of mine in Japan. I tried to talk a friend of mine out of getting married.
Can You give Me a sentence with the word mine?
- Genius without educaton is like silver in the mine .
- So much is mine as I enjoy.
- A useful trade is a mine of gold.
- Better is the neighbour's hen than mine .
- Genius17 without education is like silver in the mine .
- Your room's huge compared to mine.
- His room is thrice the size of mine.
- The closure of the mine led to large-scale redundancies.
What is a sentence for the word 'mine'?
- Examples of mine in a sentence: 1. To know that you are mine is hell to him. 2. His age and mine about tallied. 3. Mine, mine undoubtedly!