What is Hurricane spray used for?
Table of Contents
- What is Hurricane spray used for?
- Can you use oral benzocaine on skin?
- What happens if you use too much benzocaine?
- Can you use numbing cream on genitals?
- How long does topical benzocaine last?
- What are the side effects of benzocaine?
- Is benzocaine bad for your skin?
- Does benzocaine turn skin blue?
- Is benzocaine safe on skin?
- Can numbing cream burn skin?
- How often should you spray Hurricaine for pain?
- Is it safe to take Hurricaine oral spray?
- What to do if you are allergic to Hurricaine?
- How long does it take for Hurricaine spray to work?
What is Hurricane spray used for?
Benzocaine spray is used to numb the lining of the mouth and throat before certain medical procedures (e.g., intubation). It is also used to temporarily relieve pain from minor mouth/throat problems (e.g., sore throat, canker sores, minor dental procedures, mouth/gum injury).
Can you use oral benzocaine on skin?
What is benzocaine? Benzocaine is a topical analgesic (meaning it is to be used on the body surface or in the mouth but should not be swallowed) that has a number of different uses in over-the-counter (OTC) medicines.
What happens if you use too much benzocaine?
An overdose of benzocaine topical applied to the skin can cause life-threatening side effects such as uneven heartbeats, seizure (convulsions), coma, slowed breathing, or respiratory failure (breathing stops). Avoid eating within 1 hour after using benzocaine topical on your gums or inside your mouth.
Can you use numbing cream on genitals?
Lidocaine and prilocaine topical cream is used on the skin or in the genital area to cause numbness or loss of feeling before certain medical procedures. It is also used to prevent pain caused by an injection, the drawing of blood from a vein, or minor surgeries such as removing warts.
How long does topical benzocaine last?
Benzocaine is a water-insoluble ester-type local anesthetic agent that is mainly useful for topical application. The onset of action is rapid (
What are the side effects of benzocaine?
- Bluish-colored lips, fingernails, or palms.
- difficulty breathing.
- dizziness or lightheadedness.
- high fever.
- rapid heart rate.
- worsening of pain, redness, swelling, or irritation in or around the mouth.
Is benzocaine bad for your skin?
Stop using this medicine and check with your doctor right away if you or your child have a skin rash, burning, stinging, swelling, or irritation of your skin. Do not use cosmetics or other skin care products on the treated skin areas. This medicine may cause a rare, but serious blood problem called methemoglobinemia.
Does benzocaine turn skin blue?
Doctors said the condition was a rare, sometimes life-threatening reaction to benzocaine, a medication commonly used as a topical anesthetic. The woman's blue skin was caused by methemoglobinemia, a condition in which blood stops releasing oxygen into the surrounding tissue.
Is benzocaine safe on skin?
Do not use large amounts of benzocaine topical. Do not cover treated skin areas with a bandage or plastic wrap without medical advice. Do not use benzocaine topical to treat large skin areas or deep puncture wounds. Avoid using the medicine on skin that is raw or blistered, such as a severe burn or abrasion.
Can numbing cream burn skin?
Common side effects may include: mild burning where the medicine is applied; itching, rash; or. changes in skin color where the medicine was applied.
How often should you spray Hurricaine for pain?
- How to use Hurricaine Aerosol, Spray. Spray for half a second. Allow the medication to stay in the painful area for at least 1 minute, then spit out. You may repeat the spray once if needed. Do not use more than 2 sprays at once or use more than 4 times a day unless directed by your doctor.
Is it safe to take Hurricaine oral spray?
- You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take HurriCaine (benzocaine oral spray) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor. What are some things I need to know or do while I take HurriCaine?
What to do if you are allergic to Hurricaine?
- If you are allergic to HurriCaine (benzocaine oral spray); any part of HurriCaine (benzocaine oral spray); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
How long does it take for Hurricaine spray to work?
- It is a local anesthetic that starts to numb the lining of the mouth and throat 15 to 30 seconds after application and lasts about 15 minutes.Do not use this product for children younger than 2 years due to risk of serious side effects. Ask your doctor for more details. How to use Hurricaine Aerosol, Spray Use this product as directed.