Why did Claire Danes turn down Titanic role?
Table of Contents
- Why did Claire Danes turn down Titanic role?
- How old was Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio in Romeo and Juliet?
- Was Claire Danes in Titanic?
- Who else auditioned for Rose in Titanic?
- Who was considered for Rose in Titanic?
- How old was the cast of Romeo and Juliet?
- Is there nudity in Leonardo DiCaprio Romeo and Juliet?
- Who turned down Titanic role?
- Who was female lead in Titanic?
- Who else was considered for the role of Jack in Titanic?
- When did Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio co star in Romeo and Juliet?
- What did Leonardo DiCaprio do to Kate Winslet?
- How old was Claire Danes in my So Called Life?
- Why did Claire Danes turn down the part in Titanic?
Why did Claire Danes turn down Titanic role?
People reports that, on Monday's installment of the podcast Armchair Expert With Dax Shepard, Danes explained that she turned down the part because she knew she “wasn't ready” for the level of fame such a steamy romantic saga as Titanic would surely bring.
How old was Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio in Romeo and Juliet?
"I liked [Dicaprio] tremendously and admired his work, but luckily I was immune from his groin charms, unlike poor Claire Danes, then only 17. It was obvious to all of us that she really was in love with her Romeo, but Leonardo wasn't in love with her.
Was Claire Danes in Titanic?
Claire Danes has revealed why she turned down the lead role as Rose in Titanic opposite Leonardo DiCaprio. Following the phenomenal success that resulted from casting Danes and DiCaprio in Romeo + Juliet in 1996, studio executives were naturally keen for the two to star in a romantic film together again.
Who else auditioned for Rose in Titanic?
But Paltrow and Danes weren't the only big names considered. Other actresses who reportedly turned down the role, according to IMDb, include Drew Barrymore, Rose Byrne, Geena Davis and Nicole Kidman. Among those who allegedly went in for an audition were Angelina Jolie, Madonna and Charlize Theron.
Who was considered for Rose in Titanic?
In addition to these big name stars, there were several other actors who may have been considered to play a part in Titanic, including (but not limited to) Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie, Madonna, and Reese Witherspoon for Rose and Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Jared Leto, and Jeremy Sisto for Jack.
How old was the cast of Romeo and Juliet?
Until this version of Shakespeare's tragic romance, the actors who played the title lovers were often too old to plausibly portray the characters. Refreshingly, Zeffirelli gave the roles to young, inexperienced actors Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting, who at the time of filming were ages 15 and 17, respectively.
Is there nudity in Leonardo DiCaprio Romeo and Juliet?
Romeo and Juliet passionately kiss and he begins kissing her neck and then kisses her between her breasts. Romeo and Juliet remove each other's shirts, but no nudity other than her bare back is seen.
Who turned down Titanic role?
GWYNETH PALTROW: ROSE, TITANIC "I know that the story is that I turned it down," Paltrow told Howard Stern. "I think I was really in contention for it - I was one of the last two." Regardless, Paltrow isn't bitter.
Who was female lead in Titanic?
actress Kate Winslet British actress Kate Winslet first garnered attention with the films Heavenly Creatures (1994) and Sense and Sensibility (1995). However, it was her performance in James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic (1997) that made her an international star.
Who else was considered for the role of Jack in Titanic?
Before Leonardo DiCaprio was cast as Jack Dawson, many actors were considered, but Cameron felt that most were too old to play the role of a 20-year-old. Among those were Matthew McConaughey (who was also offered the role of Cal Hockley, played by Billy Zane), Chris O'Donnell, Billy Crudup, and Stephen Dorff.
When did Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio co star in Romeo and Juliet?
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes co-starred in Romeo + Juliet in 1996. (Photo: Barry King/WireImage) After the success of the Shakespeare adaptation, Danes said she was quickly given a lot of opportunity. Shepard asked if it was true she’d been offered the lead role in the 1997 blockbuster Titanic.
What did Leonardo DiCaprio do to Kate Winslet?
- According to director James Cameron, DiCaprio "would fart into his jacket and place it over Kate Winslet's head," CheatSheet reported. However, unlike Danes, Winslet reportedly loved DiCaprio's pranks and was always laughing with him.
How old was Claire Danes in my So Called Life?
- That’s mostly because Danes was just 14, while her leading man was 21. Claire Danes was just 14 when she starred in My So-Called Life. (Photo: Getty Images)
Why did Claire Danes turn down the part in Titanic?
- Speaking to actor Dax Shepherd on his podcast Armchair Expert, Danes reflected on the career decision she made back in the nineties to turn down the part. 'I think I did [get offered the role] I'm not entirely clear on that,' she said before confirming there was 'strong interest' in her for the lead part.