Who does Christine kill?
Table of Contents
- Who does Christine kill?
- Was Arnie driving Christine?
- What made Christine evil?
- Why was the book Christine banned?
- Why does Christine kill Arnie?
- What happens to Arnie in Christine?
- Was Christine a Plymouth Fury?
- Was Christine evil?
- How did they make Christine fix itself?
- What was Christine possessed by?
- What happens to Christine in the movie Christine?
- How did the gang die in the book Christine?
- How is Leigh saved from death in Christine?
- Why did Dennis send Christine to Darnell's?
Who does Christine kill?
One by one, members of Buddy's gang are killed by Christine. The first is Moochie Welch who is run down by her while returning from a rock concert.
Was Arnie driving Christine?
Arnie fixes up Christine over time, and the car becomes his obsession. He starts driving it everywhere, and even gets Leigh Cabot to be his girlfriend, much to the dismay of Dennis. Arnie becomes humorless and arrogant, but also assertive and cruel. ... and goes inside Christine, who crushes him with the seat.
What made Christine evil?
It's Roland LeBay who made Christine evil, his love for Christine overriding even his love for his wife and daughter, both of whom died in the car. Thus, Roland's evil spirit became one with Christine. In both the movie and the book, Christine could drive herself and repair any damage so long as she was kept moving.
Why was the book Christine banned?
Christine was removed from Livingston Middle School in 1990 for its violence, sex, and inappropriate language. The story begins when Arnie, the school nerd, buys a Plymouth Fury and names it Christine. One day, a bully defaces Christine who magically restores herself, and aims to kill the bully and his friends.
Why does Christine kill Arnie?
However, the malevolently sentient Christine quickly coerces Arnie into being a willing accomplice to the murder of Arnie's tormentors, further isolates him socially, deforms his personality into a caricature of masculinity, and finally kills him.
What happens to Arnie in Christine?
Arnie surprises Dennis and Leigh by arriving earlier; he attempts to run them both down and nearly succeeds. During the fight, Arnie crashes and flies through the windshield, dying soon after from a glass shard impaled through his stomach.
Was Christine a Plymouth Fury?
Although the car in the film is identified as a 1958 Plymouth Fury – and in 1983 radio ads promoting the film, voiceover artists announced, "she's a '57 Fury" – two other Plymouth models, the Belvedere and the Savoy, were also used to portray the malevolent automobile onscreen.
Was Christine evil?
At the beginning of John Carpenter's Christine movie, the titular Plymouth Fury is shown to be evil seemingly from its creation, attacking one Chrysler employee and later killing another. ... If anything, this suggests that Christine's evil is inherent, and that anyone who owns her will eventually turn to the dark side.
How did they make Christine fix itself?
The illusion of Christine regenerating herself was created using hydraulic pumps inside the car that were attached to the sides of a plastic-paneled body double. The pumps sucked in the sides to create the damaged version of the car, and then the film was reversed, making it appear like the car was fixing itself.
What was Christine possessed by?
Roland D. LeBay In the novel, Christine is revealed to be possessed by the car's deceased former owner, a violent man named Roland D. LeBay. Christine's new owner, Arnie Cunningham, begins to take on many of Roland's traits as part of the possession.
What happens to Christine in the movie Christine?
- In both the movie and the book, Christine could drive herself and repair any damage so long as she was kept moving. When Roland died and with no one to love her and drive her around, Christine ceased "living" and began to show her age, until Arnie came along. Roland's evil spirit and love for Christine was then transferred to Arnie. Edit
How did the gang die in the book Christine?
- One by one, members of Buddy's gang are killed by a rebuilt Christine. Others who were hostile to Arnie or Christine also die. The police investigate the murders and become suspicious of Arnie. However, the car apparently acts on its own when he's out of town.
How is Leigh saved from death in Christine?
- Leigh is saved from death by a hitchhiker, who pulls her from the car and administers the Heimlich Maneuver. Despite Arnie's protestations, Leigh continues to feel as though she is competing with Christine for Arnie's affection.
Why did Dennis send Christine to Darnell's?
- Dennis baits LeBay into sending Christine to Darnell's for a showdown while Arnie is out of town with his parents. During the fight at the garage, LeBay gives up on Christine as she is run down by Petunia (a rented septic tanker) and tries to possess Arnie.