What essential oils are good for postpartum?
Table of Contents
- What essential oils are good for postpartum?
- Is clary sage safe while breastfeeding?
- Is clary sage safe for VBAC?
- Does clary sage affect hormones?
- How do you use clary sage postpartum?
- What can you use clary sage essential oil for?
- Does clary sage decrease milk supply?
- Does clary sage help with milk production?
- Can clary sage oil harm your baby?
- Where do you apply clary sage?
- Can you use clary sage oil during pregnancy?
- When to use essential oil for postpartum recovery?
- What are the best essential oils for pregancy?
- Do you put essential oils on your belly after delivery?
What essential oils are good for postpartum?
I personally used a combination of frankincense and lavender for postpartum healing and pain relief after the birth of my daughter. Bergamot - Baby blues are incredibly common in the first week postpartum due to fluctuating hormones. Diffuse bergamot or apply topically to your feet to feel it's uplifting effects.
Is clary sage safe while breastfeeding?
Cinnamon (essential oil): Avoid during pregnancy, breast-feeding. Clary Sage (essential oil): Use with caution during pregnancy. Only use after the first trimester. Do not use when lactating.
Is clary sage safe for VBAC?
When to take caution with oils: Twin / multiple pregnancy – do not use uterine stimulating oils ie jasmine, clary sage. VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean) – do not use uterine stimulating oils. Do not use essential oils in the bath if your waters have broken. Do not add essential oils directly into a birthing pool.
Does clary sage affect hormones?
A large body of research suggests that clary sage oil could have many health benefits. These benefits include anti-depressant and anti-stress effects, likely connected to the hormone dopamine. These effects could make clary sage an effective natural remedy for low moods.
How do you use clary sage postpartum?
Always dilute (separately) with your carrier oil of choice. You can massage into acupressure points for labor. If you're experiencing some emotional blockages, place 1 drop of clary sage on a cotton ball and inhale for a few minutes, then take a break. Repeat as often as needed.
What can you use clary sage essential oil for?
What are the uses and benefits of clary sage essential oil?
- Stress reduction. Aromatherapy uses the power of scent to calm the mind and reduce feelings of anxiety. ...
- Antibacterial properties. ...
- Natural antidepressant. ...
- Alleviation of menopause symptoms. ...
- Reducing menstrual cramps.
Does clary sage decrease milk supply?
3. Clary Sage. According to the book Gentle Babies, Clary Sage can be ingested and applied to your breasts to decrease milk supply.
Does clary sage help with milk production?
There are several essential oils which can help stimulate breast milk production. These include clary sage, basil, and geranium. Fennel essential oil is another great choice if you are looking to increase your breast milk supply, but it's important to keep in mind that using it for long periods of time.
Can clary sage oil harm your baby?
with extreme caution. Clary sage should NEVER be used before your estimated due date as it can cause excessive Braxton Hicks contractions which may distress your baby or cause complications such as bleeding. Ensure that your oils are bought from a reputable health shop or online from a specialist aromatherapy supplier.
Where do you apply clary sage?
Simply apply Clary Sage oil to the needed area of your abdomen and rub for a soothing massage. The natural chemical components of Clary Sage oil are among the most soothing and calming compounds, making Clary Sage oil an ideal oil for a soothing abdominal massage during the menstruating time frame.
Can you use clary sage oil during pregnancy?
- Add essential oils to dropper bottle and top with fractionated coconut oil. Clary Sage is an oil to avoid during pregnancy, but when it’s time for labor, this oil can release oxytocin in the brain and help to trigger and stimulate contractions.
When to use essential oil for postpartum recovery?
- Essential Oils for Postpartum Recovery. To support continued breast milk production, use Fennel or Basil Essential Oils. Dilute 1 drop of Essential Oil with 1 Tablespoon of carrier oil and apply several hours before nursing. Basil is stronger – so make sure you wipe any residue well before baby next feeds.
What are the best essential oils for pregancy?
- The Lavender helps to ease tension and anxiety while Ylang Ylang oil produces a calm and uplifting atmosphere. The combination of these oils rubbed on your abdomen and back during labor will help to calm you while keeping contractions going and stimulated.
Do you put essential oils on your belly after delivery?
- Just apply a directly to the abdomen for post-contractions and pain. These are both very gentle oils so if your baby touches your belly, these oils won’t be too harsh for the baby’s tender skin. Post contractions are inevitable and it’s commonly accepted that they intensify after each delivery or subsequent pregnancy.