What forms of ID are acceptable for a cruise?
Table of Contents
- What forms of ID are acceptable for a cruise?
- What kind of ID do you need to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
- Can I use my birth certificate to go to the Bahamas?
- Is a passport needed for cruises?
- Can I cruise to Bahamas with Real ID?
- Can I use a real ID to go to Bahamas?
- What cruises do you not need a passport for?
- Where U.S. citizens can travel without a passport?
- Where can you cruise without a passport?
- Can you cruise to Bahamas without passport?
- Do you need ID to go on a cruise?
- What kind of iD do you need to go through airport security?
- Can a driver's license be issued with Real ID?
- Can a Real ID card be used on an airplane?
What forms of ID are acceptable for a cruise?
U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as an Enhanced Driver's License (EDL), a government-issued birth certificate (issued by the Vital Records Department in the state where he or she was born) or passport, and if 16 or older, a government ...
What kind of ID do you need to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
If you are cruising to the Bahamas from the U.S., the following documents are acceptable: passport book, passport card, Trusted Traveler card (Nexus, SENTRI, or FAST), or an enhanced driver's license.
Can I use my birth certificate to go to the Bahamas?
Passport Exceptions to the Bahamas Children under age 16 can use a birth certificate, naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship IF they are traveling to and from the Bahamas by sea. ... Just like adults, children in any age group must have a passport book to travel to the Bahamas by plane.
Is a passport needed for cruises?
We recommend that everyone taking a cruise from the United States have a passport book. Though some “closed-loop” cruises may not require a U.S. passport, we recommend bringing yours in case of an emergency, such as an unexpected medical air evacuation or the ship docking at an alternate port.
Can I cruise to Bahamas with Real ID?
Thanks to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, as long as you're traveling by cruise ship you can also enter the Bahamas with any Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant ID. This includes passports, of course, along with enhanced driver's licenses.
Can I use a real ID to go to Bahamas?
Answer: The Bahamian government only requires proof of citizenship (e.g., birth certificate) and identity (e.g., valid driver's license) in order to enter The Bahamas.
What cruises do you not need a passport for?
Cruises That Don't Require a Passport
- Alaska roundtrip from San Francisco or Seattle.
- Canada & New England roundtrip from New York.
- Caribbean roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale or New York.
- Hawaii roundtrip from Los Angeles or San Francisco.
- Mexico roundtrip from Los Angeles or San Francisco.
Where U.S. citizens can travel without a passport?
The U.S. Virgin Islands The U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are both located in the Caribbean, making them popular hot spots for U.S. travelers. The other three U.S. territories that you can visit without a passport are all located in the Pacific Ocean; American Samoa, Guam, and the latest addition, the Northern Mariana Islands.
Where can you cruise without a passport?
Places to cruise without a passport include:
- #1. Alaska. ...
- #2. Bahamas. ...
- #3. Bermuda. ...
- #4. Canada & New England. ...
- #5. Caribbean. ...
- #6. Mexican Riviera. ...
- #7. Hawaii.
Can you cruise to Bahamas without passport?
Do You Need a Passport to Cruise to the Bahamas? ... If you are a US citizen, you can take a “closed-loop cruise” (one that begins and ends at the same port) to The Bahamas without a passport. Instead, you'll need to present another proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate and a government-issued photo ID.
Do you need ID to go on a cruise?
- If you're planning a family cruise vacation, you will need to have proper identification for all adults and children when you arrive at port. This documenation is needed to prove your identity as well as the identity of your children.
What kind of iD do you need to go through airport security?
- Effective , the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will require every state and territory resident to present a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or another acceptable form of identification, such as a passport or enhanced driver’s license, to go through airport security and board a flight within the U.S.
Can a driver's license be issued with Real ID?
- REAL ID allows compliant states to issue driver's licenses and identification cards where the identity of the applicant cannot be assured or for whom lawful presence is not determined. In fact, some states currently issue noncompliant cards to undocumented individuals.
Can a Real ID card be used on an airplane?
- REAL ID-compliant cards will have of one of the following markings on the upper top portion of the card. If the card does not have one of these markings, it is not REAL ID-compliant and won’t be accepted as proof of identity in order to board commercial aircraft. Q: When will I need to change how I travel domestically?